Tips for Driving in Poor Air Quality
When air quality becomes unhealthy, via smoke from wildfires or other causes, it's important to protect yourself. If you need to go out, consider driving to limit outside exposure. Here are recommended tips from the California Air Resources Board for your travels during this time.
- Stay inside your vehicle with windows and doors closed.
- Run the air conditioning with recirculate turned on.
- Wear an N95 mask in your vehicle.
- If you have asthma or a respiratory condition, bring your inhaler and/or medications with you.
- Try to evacuate to an area with better air quality if possible.
- Always follow any evacuation orders being given.