Get Rewarded & Reimbursed Refueling a Gig!
When you Gig, you want to just Get In and Go! You shouldn’t have to worry about a low fuel tank when you start your trip. We do our best to keep the Gigs ready for adventure, but we need your help. So, we’ve created rewards to help keep Gigs fueled for the next Member:
Reward as of X/XX/23: Earn $10 in Gig Credits* for Filling a Hybrid Gas Tank.
Fuel is always on us, but now we're giving you credits for returning a Gig with a full tank. That's a win-win! ⛽🤑
Start a hybrid Gig trip with a gas tank less than 25% full and you’ll earn $10 in Gig Credits* when you end your trip with a gas tank at 75% or greater!
Credits earned for fueling hybrids will be applied to your Gig account by 6:00 p.m. the next business day and will be valid for 90 days after they are applied.
We have two ways to pay for gas:
1. Pay for the fuel out-of-pocket and get reimbursed.
- Snap photo of the receipt.
- Send that photo to [email protected] and tell us the email you use for Gig so we can look you up. You can also submit your receipt info below.
- Please note: pre-paid receipts cannot be accepted for reimbursement.
- You must submit your receipt within 30 days of your Gig trip.
We’ll start processing the reimbursement to your card on file within three business days, but the banks can take up to ten business days to complete the process.
In the rare case that you spend more on refueling than you do on your trip, fuel reimbursement will come in the form of a check in the mail.
2. Use the Fuel Card
- Use the gas card in the glove box, or visor folders, of most Gigs.
- Give us a call for the PIN.
You should be able to use our fuel cards anywhere other than:
- Sam's Club
Through X/XX/XX: Earn $100 in Gig Credits* for Charging Electric Gigs!
Start an electric Gig trip with a car that has 20% to 40% remaining battery capacity, and you’ll earn $100 in Gig Credits* when you end your trip at a battery capacity of 75% or greater. Don’t worry. Charging your Electric Gig is easy! Read on to find out how.
Credits earned for charging will be applied to your Gig account by 6:00 p.m. the next business day and will be valid for 90 days after they are applied.
There are two ways to charge an Electric Gig:
1. Click the link we send you and Gig will cover the cost directly
- Look for a text and email from Gig at the beginning of your Electric Gig trip. Click the link to access the web app and find charging stations near you.
- When you start your charge in the web app, Gig will cover the cost directly. No need to submit a receipt. And our app will walk you through the entire process, but below is a rundown if you want a preview.
2. Find a charger and get reimbursed
- Check out PlugShare to find other charging stations near you.
- Pay upfront.
- Snap a pic of your receipt and submit it for a refund here.
Through X/XX/XX: $100 Drained Battery Fee** When You End an EV Trip with Less Than 25% Charge.
While we recommend that you keep your Gig EV battery charged to about 30% or 70 miles. Members who end an EV with the battery at less than 25% capacity will be charged a $100 Drained Battery Fee, regardless of miles driven on the trip.
You will be charged the Drained Battery Fee even if your trip started with a battery at less than 25%, no matter how long or short your trip was. So, be sure to stop and charge if needed.
You will be notified of any Drained Battery Fees you incurred at least 72 hours before they are charged.
Drained Battery Fees are always charged on Fridays, from the primary payment on your Gig account.
As always, we temporarily suspend Members who have declined charges on their account, until that amount is paid in full.
- You will be notified of any Drained Battery Fees you incurred at least 72 hours before they are charged.
- Drained Battery Fees are always charged on Fridays, from the primary payment on your Gig account.
- As always, we temporarily suspend Members who have declined charges on their account, until that amount is paid in full.
Learn More About Charging Your Electric Gig in Four Simple Steps
1. Find the closest charging station
Look for a text and email from Gig at the beginning of your Electric Gig trip. Click the link to access the web app and find charging stations near you. Once you’re at the station, pull up to an available charger. Select the charger in the app, connect your vehicle, then swipe to start charging.
2. Know your chargers
Different kinds of chargers will charge your vehicle at different rates. DC fast chargers can take about an hour and a half to get to full charge. Level 2 chargers are good for a slight top-off (they’ll give you about 10 to 20 miles for an hour of charging). Open the charge port, located in front of the driver's door and connect the charger. The car horn will chirp when it's connected correctly. Swipe to start charging. Hang tight, it could take up to 30 seconds to start your charge.
3. End your charging session
You will see the battery percentage of your charging vehicle on your app. We recommend that you charge up to 80% (though you can charge up to 100% if you'd like to). Unplug the connector and return it to the charger.
4. You've charged your Gig!
You're all done! Your car has been charged, and we've taken care of the payment. No need to send us your receipt.
Check out PlugShare to find other charging stations near you. Pay upfront, snap a pic of your receipt and submit it for a refund here.