Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest
Contest Terms and Conditions
A3Ventures LLC. | GIG Car Share Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PERSONS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA OR WASHINGTON STATE. VOID OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON STATE, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
How to Enter. To enter Gig’s Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest (the “Contest”), eligible entrants must refer a new Member (Someone who is not currently and has never been a Member of Gig) to GIG Car Share within the GIG Car Share app. New Members will receive an invitation via email or text message inviting them to become a Member of GIG Car Share with a promotional code good for $25 in driving credits. The New Member must successfully complete registration by downloading the app, registering to become a Member of GIG Car Share by uploading the proper credentials, applying the referring Member’s promotional code, becoming an approved Gig Member, and completing one trip of any length with GIG Car Share by 12:59PM on July 31, 2020 to qualify as a referral entry for the contest.
The Contest is sponsored by A3 Mobility LLC, 1919 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 600, Berkeley, CA 94702 (“Sponsor”).
Alternative Entry: An eligible participant may also enter the Contest by sending a hand-printed index card with their name, email address, mailing address, and the phrase “Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest” printed on one side of the card to A3 Mobility Gig Contest, 1919 Shattuck Ave., 6th Floor Berkeley, CA 94704. Attn: GIG Car Share, provided it is postmarked by [7/20/2020] received by GIG Car Share before 7/31/2020, the end of the Contest Period. Failure to include the “Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest”, in whole or in part, will render the attempted entry void. Mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 6:00 AM Pacific time on 6/29/2020 and will end at 11:59 PM Pacific time on 7/31/2020 (the “Contest Period”)
- Eligibility. Entrants must be legal residents of California or Washington state and be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its agents, marketing consultants, independent contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, parent companies and members of their immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) or persons residing in the same household are not eligible. This Contest is void where any aspect of the Contest is prohibited by law or where registration, bonding or translation is required.
- Random Drawing/Odds. There will be a random drawing among all eligible entries on XXXX, 2020. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received at the time of the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the random drawing conducted by Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Prizes: 3 Winners Total for the Contest
- ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner: One year of driving ($200 per month for 12 months) (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $2,400).
- ONE (1) First Runner Up Winner: Three months of driving ($200 per month for 3 months) (ARV: $600).
- ONE (1) Second Runner Up WInner: One month of driving ($200 per month for 1 month) (ARV: $200).
- Total ARV for all prizes: $3,200. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes consist of only those items specifically stated as part of the Prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or the prize notification may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Sponsor has not made nor is responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prize, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- Notification. The potential Winners will be notified by 8/1/2020. The potential Winners will be notified via email. The potential Winners have (10) business days after notification to claim the Prize by contacting Sponsor. If a potential Winner has not claimed his or her Prize within the (10) business day period the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. If the award notification to the potential Winner is returned undeliverable, or if the potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for notification failure due to telephone or email address inaccuracy, or any other failure or problem of any kind related to notification, including change of email address, postal address, or telephone number. The potential Winners may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date of postmark in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential Winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
- Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Winners may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600. Participation in Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each Winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, governmental orders, weather, or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere or tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any Participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter as multiple entrants will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
- Additional Terms. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, which may limit the ability to contact a potential Winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to the occurrence of the interfering event. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, application, or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of San Francisco in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to A3Ventures LLC “GIG Car Share Win a Year of Gig Referral Contest”, 1919 Shattuck, 6th Floor Berkeley, CA 94704. Requests for a winner list must be received ninety (90) days after the Winners of the Contest is selected.