New Parking Lots In Lower Nob Hill And SoMa
Say "hello" to summer with new parking lots in San Francisco! We're working to add new parking lots to make using Gig more convenient for our Members. Here are our latest additions:*
- 50 Cosmo Pl. (Lower Nob Hill, by Union Square)
- 400 2nd St. (SoMa, by South Park)
Keep an eye on the map in our mobile app or on the San Francisco parking page to stay up to date.
Ready to Gig over to these new lots and explore the surrounding neighborhoods? We've compiled some fun outing ideas to help you get started.
Lower Nob Hill
While a number of Nob Hill's iconic hotels and museums are closed due to the stay-at-home order, there are still a number of landmarks you can visit or restaurants where you can grab a bite to eat.
- Grace Cathedral. Take a self-guided visit of this historic landmark (open 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily). The cathedral's mobile app, GraceGuide, includes audio tours to accompany your exploration of the cathedral and even offers a guided meditation should you choose to walk the labyrinths.
- Huntington Park. After visiting the church, stop by Nob Hill's famous Swan Oyster Depot (open 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily) for seafood, pick up takeout at Roman-cuisine joint Seven Hills (lunch 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. and dinner from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays), or order pizza from Nob Hill Cafe (open 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Sundays).
Open spaces, fresh air, easy physical distancing — we have a feeling that this summer is going to be all about picnics. Fortunately, our new parking lot in SoMa is just a few blocks away from two parks.
- South Park is chock-full of quaint eateries that are now offering takeout: Garaje makes some of SF's tastiest burgers and Mexican (open 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Saturdays), HRD Coffee Shop serves up unexpected Asian-Mexican fusion (open 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays), and South Park Cafe is offering a special picnic-friendly menu weekends only (open 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily). Take your pick and find your perfect patch of grass in the park.
- Yerba Buena is just a few blocks in the opposite direction in case you don't find your heart's desire at South Park— or if the park is simply too busy. Choice eateries include Zero Zero for family-style Italian fair (3:30 to 8:00 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays and Sundays — and from 3:30 to 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays), Thirsty Bear for Spanish tapas or paella (from 12:00 to 7:00 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays), and Wise Sons Jewish Deli (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily).
Did we miss one of your favorite physical distancing-friendly spots in either area? Share your suggestions with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
*Parking subject to availability.
**While we did our best to provide the most up to date information as of date of publishing (7/09/20), due to COVID-19, things are changing quickly. Before heading out, we recommend you check any COVID-19 restrictions in place for San Francisco and each location’s website for any changes in hours of operation.