Your First Gig Car Trip
Everything you need to know for your first Gig trip.
1. Get The App.
First things first. Download the app for Android or iOS. It's how you'll unlock the cars, see where cars are available, and more!
2. Complete App Registration
Grab your payment card and drivers license. You'll need about 5 minutes to fill out all the important deets. We will ask for your license information, address, and all that good stuff. Note: at this point, there will be a *temporary* $50 hold placed on your card. We pinky-swear that it is temporary and will be released in 24-74 hours, depending on your bank. (It'll be worth it!)
3. Take Your First Trip!
Once you've submitted your license and payment info, you'll be approved to drive! Now it's time to take your first trip.
You're in! Where will you go? Simply open your app, and find the Gig closest to you. Drive to the hardware store, the beach, San Francisco,... technically anywhere in the U.S.! You'll just need to return it to the original HomeZone when you're done.
4. End Your Trip
Be sure your Gig is tidy and has enough fuel for the next member. If you need to refuel we'll reimburse you, just snap a pic of the receipt and submit it at gigcarshare.com/fuel.
Just hit END YOUR RESERVATION on the app, or tap your Gig Card on the windshield reader until it turns green. That’s it. Really.
Where can I park?
Park for free in the HomeZone at public, metered, and residential permit spaces (street spots or designated lots).
No need to feed the meter! Just don’t park within 12 hours of street sweeping, avoid construction zones and handicap spots.
What else should I know?
- We currently have Golden Gigs (marked by gold pins on the app) that will give you 10% discount on short trips. Hurry and grab one before your neighbor does!
- Be sure to grab a phone charger, avoid the anxiety of having a low-battery while adventuring in your Gig.
- We have two distinctly different HomeZones (Bay Area and Seattle). Right now Gigs can't end trips in other HomeZones. Just return your car to its home HomeZone. That's where it lives.
- Furry friends are 100 percent welcome, but they need to be in carriers to avoid excessive pet hair and clean up costs.
- GIG Car Share is a product from AAA and provides basic insurance coverage to our members. In the unfortunate incident of an accident in which our member is at-fault that member is responsible for up to $1000 in damages or $900 or AAA members. If the incident is particularly negligent (driving while under the influence or committing crimes) GIG Car Share has the legal right to pursue full damages from the member. So don't use our cars as getaway vehicles in your big jewel heist. Familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of our member agreement, so we avoid any nasty surprises.
- We have a fantastic Member Support team ready and waiting to take your call. Anytime reach out for the help you need through [email protected] or (800) 464-0889.