Leave your car with Mom and Dad
Hey! My name is Genna, and I'm going into my third year of college at Cal Berkeley.
If you're like me, you may be considering whether or not you should buy a parking spot near campus this semester.
Well, I'm here to tell you to save the $770/year that Cal charges for a parking permit, buy something nice for yourself (you know you're gonna get sick of the dining hall) and instead, think about using Gig.
Here are a few reasons why I think Gig is so great (and not just because I'm interning here).
- You only have to be 18 to use it (with a valid license of course)
- Parking is free!
- There are loads of cars around campus
- Available 24/7
- Gas AND insurance included
- It's environmentally friendly
- Golden Gigs get you discounts on trips under an hour
- 10% discount if you're a AAA member
- There's a bike rack on top
- You can take your friends with you -- it fits up to 5 people
- Never worry about losing your keys, the app unlocks the car
- There's no hassle of servicing and maintaining the car -- they do that for you!
I know that's a lot of info there (and that doesn’t even cover all of it!). But let me leave you with this - on average, it costs $706/month to own a car. That's around 282 miles, 47 hours, or 8 days straight of driving a Gig! I doubt youb gonna cover that much ground every month -- so think of all the $$ you could save!!
I know what I would do.