How it Works
Using Gig is simple. Just find a car, unlock, inspect, and go. No need to return the car to the same spot. Simply leave Gig in any approved parking space within the HomeZone and boom—you’re done.
1 Sign Up
Download the app, scan your license and credit or debit card, enter some details, and go. Approval takes less than five minutes.
2 Find a Car
Use the app to see available cars nearby. Book up to 30 minutes in advance, or just walk up to a car on the street. If the windshield light is green, it’s up for grabs.
3 Unlock & Inspect
Unlock a car right from your smartphone. Give it a once-over before hopping in and report any dings, dents, or damage through the app.
4 Hit the Road
No key! Just push the “Power” button and drive. You can go anywhere in the U.S. for as short or long as you want. Make a stopover by choosing “Park and Come Back” to get out of the car without giving it up.
5 Park Easily
6 Always Affordable
Take your bike along for the ride. Every Gig car is fitted with two Thule® bike racks. They fit most bikes with a 20- to 29-inch wheel diameter and 2.6-inch tire width—no need to take off any wheels. Once bikes are on board, be careful where clearance is less than 9'.
Using the bike racks is simple.
Watch Gig's tutorial video to learn more. How to Put a Bike on the Rack.
- Grab the bike rack key from the glove box.
- Rotate the side arm all the way forward, press the grey trigger, and slide the hook all the way out.
- Put your bike in the wheel tray with front wheel touching support loop.
- Hold the bike and raise the arm near the brake or fork.
- Slide the hook down tightly against the wheel.
WARNING: The arm must be firm against the tire, near the brake or fork.
Give the bike a good shake to make sure it’s secure.
- Position the ratcheting strap over the rear tire and secure.
Remember, when bikes are on board, be careful when clearance is less than 9'.