How it Works
Using Gig is simple. Just find a car, unlock, inspect, and go. No need to return the car to the same spot. Simply leave Gig in any approved parking space within the HomeZone and boom—you’re done.
1 Sign Up
Download the app, scan your license and credit or debit card, enter some details, and go. Approval takes less than five minutes.
2 Find a Car
Use the app to see available cars nearby. Book up to 30 minutes in advance, or just walk up to a car on the street. If the windshield light is green, it’s up for grabs.
3 Unlock & Inspect
Unlock a car right from your smartphone. Give it a once-over before hopping in and report any dings, dents, or damage through the app.
4 Hit the Road
No key! Just push the “Power” button and drive. You can go anywhere in the U.S. for as short or long as you want. Make a stopover by choosing “Park and Come Back” to get out of the car without giving it up.
5 Park Easily
6 Always Affordable
Take your bike along for the ride. Every Gig car is fitted with two Thule® bike racks. They fit most bikes with a 20- to 29-inch wheel diameter and 2.6-inch tire width—no need to take off any wheels. Once bikes are on board, be careful where clearance is less than 9′.
Using the bike racks is simple:
- Grab the bike rack key from the glove box.
- Rotate the side arm all the way forward, press the grey trigger, and slide the hook all the way out.
- Put your bike in the wheel tray with front wheel touching support loop.
- Hold the bike and raise the arm near the brake or fork.
- Slide the hook down tightly against the wheel.
WARNING: The arm must be firm against the tire, near the brake or fork.
Give the bike a good shake to make sure it’s secure.
- Position the ratcheting strap over the rear tire and secure.
Remember, when bikes are on board, be careful when clearance is less than 9′.